Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Question/Special Request for info from the MPOD followers!

I have a special request from Matt for a bike for his wife.  I have to admit that I'm a bit stumped on this one.  My wife is 5'0" also and I can't think of a bike that would fit her frame to the specs that Matt is looking for.  Any bike that might work would still have to be lowered quite a bit.  Anyone have any suggestions?  You can either e-mail me (and I'll post it) or put it in the comments! 

Steve,
        My wife is a big fan of motorcycles.  Being 5'0" tall and 100 lbs she's pretty limited in selection, even more limited when you find out she loves sport bikes and isn't very interested in much else.  Cruisers are definitely out, and other categories of bikes typically don't meet her performance and beauty/form requirements.  The biggest bike she's owned is a lowered Kawasaki Ex500.   She's ready for her next ride, Kawasaki redesigned the 250 and dropped the 500.  We're having a lot of trouble finding anything that wouldn't need to be lowered so much that the handling is compromised, but still has more power than the lawnmower.  (no offense to smaller bikes, we love them, handling is unmatched, we're just looking for something specific here)

I'm very much a fan of your blog, and am wondering if you're willing to ask your audience for recommendations on what her options are.  Are there 500cc or greater sport/sporty bikes out there that a little'n like my wife can handle?  Once she gets moving she's a highly skilled rider, but she needs to feel comfortable stopping, walking, and maneuvering the bike with her little frame.  What are we missing?

Thanks a ton!,
         Matt (and Beth, though she doesn't know it yet)
         from Fort Collins, Colorado

Really, I can't say enough how impressed I am with the diversity and craftsmanship of the bikes you post.  It's been a continuous source of inspiration for my own projects.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment